Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Better the 2nd Time Around

Today, I had my second chemotherapy treatment. I feel really good so far. I did a few things differently this time. I'm not sure if that helped, or what, but I feel better than I have most of this past week.

Things I did differently:

Yesterday, I gave myself permission to rest when I was tired.
Yesterday, I drank Gatoraide mixed with a splash of real juice to make the taste bearable in order to replenish what I had lost with the diarrea from yesterday and the two days before.
Yesterday, I enjoyed dinner and drumming with Deb and three of our close friends.
This morning, before I went to chemo, I didn't have to go to the hospital to get a PICC line put in, so I wasn't as nervous.
This morning, before the cisplatin was hooked up to my IV, I energized it with intentions of healing instead of viewing it with fear.
This morning, I meditated for a few minutes during the beginning of the infusion.
During the chemo, I didn't even try to read, I just talked with the other people that were there and focused on hearing their stories and sending them love and light and healing intentions, instead of focusing on my own crap.
After the chemo, I ate a lunch balanced with protein, carbs and veggies (Deb and I went out for Chinese food.).
After my radiation, I went home and slept for about 2 1/2 hours.
When I woke up, I felt wide awake and energized. No nausea, no fatigue, diarrea, constipation or headache.

I'm not sure if anything I did helped, but I certainly feel better than last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment