Monday, October 22, 2007

No more food for me

I just ate my last solid food for a while. As of noon, I can only have clear liquids. My surgery is at 1pm, I have to be there at 11am. Deb and I are going to stay at a hotel in Ann Arbor tonight so that we don't have to get up at a ridiculous time in the morning. I will be admitted to the U of M hospital for 3-5 days, depending upon when I can do certain things. I'm hoping to get out on Thursday, but it may be longer. (I know that people who are heavy like me sometimes take longer to heal or experience more post-op complications than people who are thinner.)

I have to start taking GoLytly this afternoon. I'm looking forward to spending my evening on the toilet.

Deb will be there during my surgery tomorrow. My sister, Mig will stop in for a while also. My friend, Annie, will also be with her during much of the day. Deb will be staying in Ann Arbor until at least Thursday, depending upon when I am released.

Once I am admitted to the 8th floor, I know that there is a room where I can access the internet. If I feel up to it, I may try to write on the blog from there. I'll see how I feel.

This morning, Deb is at her Dr. office, getting her twice weekly infusion of vitamins and minerals. I am watching a young friend who is home from school today. He broke his leg yesterday.

Well, I'm going to sign off for now. See you on the other side.

1 comment:

  1. Walt and I have been thinking of you all day and hope you do well. We are also thinking of Deb who must feel helpless or unable to prescribe the outcome. We love you and are praying for you.

    Dolores and Walt

    ReplyDelete