Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Mistaken Eyedentity

A while back, I mentioned that when I got my chemo, my vision got messed up. I believed that it was from the steroids raising my blood sugar too high which in turn messed up my vision. Well, my eyesight is still messed up. Not all the time. The past few days, I have checked my blood sugar during times that my vision was blurred and my numbers have not been high enough to affect my vision that way. When I went to my general practitioner this morning to get a refill on my blood sugar medication, I mentioned that my vision has been messed up since the chemo. I told him that I was going to wait until after my surgery, but before going back to work to go to the eye doctor. He looked at me and said, "don't wait, go as soon as you can because chemo can mess with your retinas". So, once again, my anxiety is coming out. I'm not frantic yet, but I am worried.

I go to see the eye doctor at 8:10 tomorrow morning. Hopefully, it is nothing. Up until now, every eye exam that I have had has actually come out better than the one before. I first got reading glasses in seventh grade. In high school, my prescription was weaker. In my 20s, my scrip became even weaker. The last time, about a year and a half ago, the doctor said that I didn't really even need glasses anymore. I thought it was funny because the closer I got to the age of 40, the better my vision became. For most people, the opposite is true. Now, I'm 5 months from 40 and my eyes are worse than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment