Thursday, April 30, 2009

Onion Fingerprints

I think that I just altered my fingerprint. I know that in movies, sometimes the bad guys wear off their fingerprints with sandpaper or something rough like that. I did not do that, I haven’t done anything illegal that would cause me to want to inflict that upon myself. I have a better way. As some of you know, I try to be spontaneous (sometimes in a planned way, sometimes off the top of my head). I like to keep the world wondering what is coming next. Well, today, it was that I altered my fingerprints-maybe. I haven’t taken a good look yet, it makes me a little queasy.

I altered my fingerprints by cutting onions, with a serrated knife. I was right next to the sink, so when I felt the knife slice through my fingerprint, I immediately put pressure on it and went over to the sink and doused my left ring finger in running water and dish soap. It didn’t really hurt yet because I was pretty much in shock. I didn’t look at the blood. I didn’t want to know, it always makes me a bit woozy when I see my own blood, even if there is no pain involved. So, I got my mortal wound cleaned and grabbed a paper towel to put pressure on it without looking for a few minutes. I kept it covered and pressured while I dug out the antibiotic ointment and a band aid. I put the ointment on a q-tip and watched it turn red as I smeared it on my fingerprint. I quick put the band aid over it so the blood wouldn’t escape out from under the ointment and really look like blood.

It still doesn’t really hurt that much. And I think the bleeding stopped. And I really don’t know if my fingerprint will change or not. Maybe I’m just a drama queen. I wonder if I now qualify as a genetically modified onion, since I'm sure that the knife worked some onion cells into my system.

I’m worried about my cat, Cindy Lou. She is losing muscle mass and is having trouble jumping up on furniture. Her thyroid medicine doesn’t seem to be helping. She doesn’t seem to be in pain. She snuggles and purrs just like always, but I worry about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment